Thursday, March 4, 2010

Owen Update

Growth Chart:

Zero Months
I outgrew my first outfit
One Month

The past five and a half weeks have been some of the best weeks of my life! Here are some of the things I have been up to. *In no particular order.

1: Having my heart grow 100 fold-My heart grows for Owen with each look, touch and thought. My heart has also grown for Ryan as I watch him be the most amazing dad I could have ever imagined! He is so patient, kind and gentle with Owen. And, he is home a lot more often than he used to be. He can't wait to come home and be with his little guy.

2:Visitors-I have had tons of visitors and am loving it! I also love when they all tell me how dang cute my baby is.

3:Diapers-Wow I never knew you could change so many diapers in a day! Really I get done changing one and he decides to poop again. I swear he might plan it out that way. I have also changed his clothes and mine and wiped the couch clean of his pee. Yes, he can pee everywhere. Thanks to my good friend Amanda for making me some "pee teepees"; they cover him so he only pees in that and saves me a lot of time cleaning up.

4:Baths-He hated his baths at first but seems to be liking them now. He lays calmly as I pour water over him and only cries when he gets cold, or before he spits up, which he has done every single time I have given him a bath.

5:Feeding-I feel like a milk cow sometimes with feeding him every 2.5 to 3 hours. But, luckily I don't have to deal with engorgement anymore and he has begun to sleep a little longer at night.

6:Sleeping less-I think I will never sleep the same again. But, I am so happy to be up with a baby now instead of pregnancy woes.

7:Enjoying cuddles, smiles, and all the little moments with Owen-I love when he falls asleep on my chest. I love watching him grow and start to focus on every little thing. I love that he looks towards us when he hears our voices. I stand in amazement that a few days ago he rolled over all on his own! I love everything about my baby.

8:Meeting my cousin Amy's baby. Kayden Michael-He is very cute and was born 3 weeks early too. He is a few weeks younger than Owen but is already bigger. I can't wait for them to become great friends
.

8 comments:

Hana Anderson said...

he is so cute!

Sara said...

What a cutie Emily! Hope you are adjusting well to being a mom. Isn't it the best?! And that is quite the delivery story to leave your baby shower to have your baby. Love it! Glad everything went well:)

Walden Family said...

yay! Love the update! He is ADORABLE. Thanks for posting.

The Cox Crew said...

YAHOO!!! Congratulations! What a special moment! No words can explain these precious little guys. I'm so happy for you.

Chanda said...

Congrats! Owen is a doll. Enjoy him!! ~Chanda

Tyler and Lacey said...

I am so glad you guys are all doing well! He is so adorable and I wish we were closer so that we could see him more often. He definitely needs another little cousin....hopefully one day(sigh).

D and M Welling Family said...

Great updates, Em! We love your blog!

Mom and Dad W

D and M Welling Family said...

Such sweet sentiments, Em! Hey, we are looking for Owen's 2 month photo with the bear....soon he will be 3 months old!

LY, Mom